|Home | About | Get an eBar! | Make Money | Reports | Help|
Choose a Page
Other Ad Systems
Help - Basic eBar™ Generation
Although we try to make eBar™s as easy to use as possible, we recognize that there are some aspects that may not be as self-explanatory as we would like them to be. We have a feedback page for any suggestions you may have about how to convey concepts more effectively.
If you have problems related to how the eBay Partner Network system works, how you get paid, or how you join the eBay Partner Network, please go to the eBay Partner Network site (they have a great FAQ section as well as video tutorials) or their blog to find out more.
If your problem involves generating an eBar™ successfully for your site, see below for some tips. If these do not solve your problem, please feel free to contact us via any of the mechanisms we make available, including live help via boldchat (See the top of each page).
The following tips step you through generating an eBar™ in the order of the steps on the Get Your eBar™ page.
Be aware that before you can make any money using eBar™s, you must sign up to the eBay Partner Network (see above) and obtain your CampId. This id is passed to eBay through the eBar™ links to ensure that you get paid by eBay. Note that none of your money ever goes to eBarster - it goes direct to you from eBay!
1. Make sure that the url you enter is the full url to the page of your website (no redirect pages). Please do not put any slashes at the end of the url. Please ensure the url starts http://
Examples are: http://www.bookfreakz.com http://www.ebarster.com/index.asp
2. When you join the eBay Partner Network, you will be given a "CampId" and it is this number that should be placed in field 2. This number will then appear in every other listing link generated in your eBar™, starting with the first one. If one of the users of your eBar™ clicks on one of these listing links and this results in a sale or that user becoming a new user, you will earn 100% commission as detailed in the Getting Paid page on eBay Partner Network website.
An example of a CampId is 5335809603, which is the eBarster CampId you will see on all the even listings in your eBar™.
3. If you already sell items on eBay, you will have an eBay SellerId. Field 3 allows you, optionally, to enter your SellerId so that your listings are given priority in the eBar™ results. This simply means that if any of your listings match the query carried out to generate your eBar™, your listings will appear before any of the others.
An example of a seller id is dhc1968 - this seller id sells lots of books on eBay. So if the eBar™ is used on a books website with this seller id, any of his listings that match the generated eBar™ criteria will be listed first, before those of any other seller id.
4. The font family field can contain only one of the following values at this time: arial or times roman or helvetica or verdana or geneva
5.6. and 7. You are able to choose any font color for your eBar™ text (5), for your Prices text within the eBar™ (6), and any background color (7) by using the #XXXXXX convention for hexadecimal numbers. We strongly advise use of the hexadecimal numbers where possible. However, if you wish to use color names, the only ones supported are listed here: blue,green,red,black,white,lime,gray, silver, olive, aqua,teal,navy,fuschia,purple,maroon,yellow
8. The only widths supported currently are 120, 130, 140, 150 and these values are pixel values.
9. The only heights supported currently are 400,500,600 and these values are pixel values.
10. It is possible to have a border of 1 pixels, or to have no border at all (0 pixels). The entries supported therefore are 0 or 1. However, advanced users may want to provide their own borders by enclosing the eBar™ in another html element of their own choosing. This is, of course, something that we could not support, as there are so many permutations, but advanced users are welcome to experiment.
Help - Advanced Uses
For those who have advanced skills, there are a number of tricks that can help you make eBar™s a more powerful experience.
1. To experiment with eBar™, you can call it directly, using the following url (replace www.myurl.com as appropriate:
Note that the fromurl parameter is mandatory.
You can add on parameters, and change parameters within this call as you like..based upon the rules above, and the query string you can see on the "Get an eBar" page.
There are two "hidden parameters" for use only by Advanced users..
2. Should you dislike the generated results in your eBar™, you can change the keywords being used by the eBar™ to find matching eBay listings, by adding
another parameter to the call to ebar.asp The parameter is k and can contain a comma separated list of 5 keywords. It should be exactly 5 keywords, no more and no less
or else unforeseen circumstances may result. The format is k=keyword1,keyword2,keyword3,keyword4,
3. Should you be unsure what the eBar™ is doing with the parameters you are passing in, you can add another parameter - test=1 - which puts the eBar™ into debug mode and prints out all the params passed in, and which keywords are being used to generate your eBar™.
A summary of useful parameters for advanced users is listed here:
fontcolor-font color you want to use
bgcolor- background color you want to use in the eBar™
fromurl – the url of the page you are testing with the eBar™ (must not be a redirect page, must have content!)
fontfamily – the font family you would like to use in your eBar™ <>pricecolor – the color of the prices text
ebaysellerid – the ebay seller id to list items for
trackingid – your ebay partner network tracking id (Campaign Id, CMPID)
width - the width of your eBar™
height - the height of your eBar™
border - 1 for a border, 0 for no border
test - 1 for debug mode
k - optional, advanced users only, set to a comma separated list of 5 keywords
SiteId - optional (defaults to 0 US Site if none entered). Site Id may be any of the following currently:
Note that although the "Get Your eBar" page attempts to show you what your eBar™ will look like once it is generated, some website pages require parameters/cookies etc. to be passed to a webpage and these pages will not work well on this page. You should try to use the generated code in your page, as it should work inside the page itself in such cases.
However, note that there are some pages where eBar™s will not work - for good security reasons - although it is unlikely that anyone would want an eBar™ on such a page - such pages include secure bank account details pages, etc. If you cannot get eBars working on your site, please contact us as eBars should work with the majority of sites. Note that database-generated sites or sites where access is controlled can use a version of eBars but you need to contact us to get the code (see below).
1. No Payments
It is common to forget to put your Affiliate Id (Campaign Id) in when generating your eBar - don't do this or you won't make any money from your eBar!
2. Code doesnt work
It is also common not to copy ALL of the generated code properly after generation - be sure you have copied ALL the code in BOTH of the generated code boxes!
3. Ads dont seem targetted
If the ads generated dont appear to be targetted to your website's audience, it could be because your website's content is not well primed for search engines - to improve this, ensure your keywords in the meta tags are correct, ensure that your title is very relevant, and ensure you have relevant links and content on your site!
Also, use the tools on the left to help choose and create meta tags for your site and see our articles about Search Engine Optimization
4. International Sites
Currently, we support a limited number of eBay sites (see SiteIds page to see which sites are currently supported). Those using different languages and character sets will be supported within the next few months.
If you have other issues or questions please contact us.
5. Access-controlled / Database-generated sites
Sites that are access-controlled or database-generated dont work with the public version of eBars.
However, we have another version of eBars specially designed for these kinds of sites. We don't make it publicly available, as we need to guide you in the installation of this code a little more.. but we offer the guidance for free, so just contact us (see link below)!
6. Still Need Help?
We are very willing to help you with installing code, Search Engine Optimization of your website etc. free of charge during our first few months as a business! Simply contact us for more help! If you have other issues or questions please contact us.
Bookmark and Share..
Twitter | Delicious | Stumble it | Digg | Facebook | MySpace | Reddit
|Terms of Service | Copyright | Contact Us | Help|
|© Copyright 2008 eBarster. All Rights Reserved. | Design by eBarster|
aBars on Annesoft